Wednesday 22 September 2010

The 'Frisky' covers i've seen so far....


Phew! Welcome, Sandy, before we even start the interview I've got to say I actually felt my eyes pop a little out of my head when I first opened the jpegs of your book covers, LOL! They certainly let the reader know what they're getting, who is your cover artist? I'd love to know what my visitors think of them, they are a talking point without doubt - love it! OK, can't wait to 'meet' you...

1) Who is your favourite author and why? I have so many, it's impossible for me to choose. I read anything that catches my eye and not necessarily by the name of the author.

2) When did you first consider yourself a writer? People say there are writers and there are authors. Writers are those pre-published and authors are already published. I guess I really still don't consider myself to by an author although I now have 10 pieces out with more coming. I guess it makes me an author. J

3) Describe your writing space? I have a small "office" off the back of our living room with my pc and all kinds of other crap. It's really cluttered and I wish it wasn't. I guess it means I need to clean.

4) What are you reading now? Nothing at the moment. I've got too many projects going on to sit down and read. I usually will if I'm stuck on a piece I'm writing.

5) How many books have your written? 10 published with several more coming. Which is your favourite? I can't pick just one. The one I'm writing on at the moment is usually my favorite.

6) What comes first, plot or characters? Oh, definitely character's. I'm a panster all the way.

7) Do you ever suffer from writer’s block? Sometimes, but it doesn't usually last more than a day or two. I don't call it writers block so much as the characters aren't talking to me.

8)

What do you like to do when you’re not writing? Ride my horses, visit old houses, and listen to music.

9) Tell us about your latest book? Not sure if you mean the latest one published or the one I'm writing. The latest piece I have out is called Professional Liaison and it's a light BDSM piece. It's about a powerhouse woman who is the CEO of a large corporation and she figures she's given her life to her career rather than to find the man of her dreams. Until, said man shows up at her office, takes her home and loves her like she's dreamed out, but then disappears. You can read more at www.bookstrand/professional-liaison

10) What’s next for you? Well, I have lots of books coming from different publishers in the coming months and I have a pitch appointment with Harlequin/Silhouette at the Central Ohio Fiction Writer's Conference in Worthington, OH on 10/1 and 10/2. They are having an open to the public book sale and signing on 10/2 from 430 to 6p. If anyone is in the area, stop by. I'll be giving away 20oz aluminum water bottles to the first 75 visitors to my table.

Thanks so much for having me, Rachel. I appreciate the exposure and I hope to see some people at the conference next month. If you'd like to check out more of my books, you can visit my website at www.romancestorytime.com.

Huge luck with your pitch in October, Sandy - I love conferences but have never pitched at one - I'd love you back to talk about your experience there if you want to. Loved having you here, open to questions and comments, guys!!


No comments:

Post a Comment