Thursday 14 October 2010

Well, thank you for starting our morning the right way, Miss Vine....come to Mama!!

Phew-wee, how does it feel staring at this particular hunk of love over your morning coffee, ladies?? (Apologies for my total lack of professionalism to my male guest author of a couple of days ago, but please, Brindle, these things just have to be acknowledged!) I am so glad you popped by, April...oh, indeed, I am...

Ahem, right, leering over - time to find out more about my guest author and fellow WRP writer, April Vine!!

1) Did you set any goals for 2010?

Not very precise ones, I’m afraid. I dubbed 2010 the year of the WIP – a very ambiguous statement since I meant finishing current works in progress not creating new ones. I will have to be much clearer next year!

2) What is the best part of the writing process for you?

Apart from signing a new contract which is the ultimatum best part for me, it has to be starting a new story. It’s all new and crisp and vague because I’m a punster and I have no idea what’s going to happen next but most importantly because at the start of a new story I haven’t yet written myself into oblivion : )

3) The worst part?

Not so much the worst part as it is the hardest part, but staying committed to a story from start to finish without getting distracted as easily as I do. Hence the rewording of next year’s goals.

4) What is the book you wish you’d written?

Yann Martel’s Life of Pi. I loved every word in that book.

5) Favourite author/s & book/s?

Too many to name. I do enjoy literary novels, JM Coetzee, Andre Brink, Pamela Jooste - all South African greats. I love reading erotic romance by some of the finest and nicest authors on the web and I discover a new author almost every other week.

6) Tell us about your latest release?

My latest erotic romance, Intrigue in India, comes from The Wild Rose Press Destination Pleasure Series. Here’s the blurb:
“All you have to do is disguise yourself, pretend to be me, go to India and meet the man I’m supposed to marry. By the time he realizes you’re not me, I’ll have already eloped…”

After a break up with her boyfriend, Haley Kent agrees to her best friend, Anjali’s madcap plan, hoping mystical India will help her find inner peace. Instead Anjali’s arranged future husband turns out to be a gorgeous Indian God with a touch that scorches.

Rajeev Yuvaraj refuses to be outsmarted by the sexy, blonde, blue-eyed American and devises his own retribution. A bride is what he expected and a bride is what he would get even if it meant handcuffing Haley to his wrist during the marriage ceremony.

But when Haley discovers the true nature of his secret scheme, can Rajeev seduce her back into his arms again?



7) Tease us with a blurb/short except

I’d love to. Here’s a small excerpt.

“Any luck?”

Haley spun around, her breath freezing as she took in the man standing in the center of the room. He had removed his bridegroom clothes and wore only a pair of black silk drawstring sleeping pants. Her eyes grazed over his golden skin and followed the contours of his wide shoulders, deep collar bones, angles, planes and sinewy muscles of his chest and abdomen and lower to the impressive bulge in his pants.

She ignored the need to rake her fingers through his midnight blue hair, denying the need to know if it felt as soft as it looked. She refused to be mesmerized by his aphrodisiac hazel eyes, veiled with the thickest, silkiest, and darkest eyelashes. She had no desire for him to drag her beneath his body while his beautifully chiseled lips skimmed her skin. She swallowed uncomfortably. Then why were those thoughts rampant in her head? It must be the air.

“Gandhi would have turned the other cheek.”

“I am hardly as saintly.” His eyes roved the length of her body, lazily outlining her nakedness beneath the negligee. She held her breath as his blazing gaze scorched the delicate red lace scarcely concealing her breasts. Her nipples swelled in supplication. He glanced back up at her, daring to her react. Haley barely resisted the overwhelming urge to offer them up to him.

She tilted her head, narrowed her eyes and hoped for a show of indifference. He licked his sensual lips and her indifference faltered. Even tightening her legs failed to prevent the drizzle of cream seeping onto her thighs.

“Have you ever been cuffed and fucked before, Haley?” he drawled, leaning onto a marble desk, nonchalantly twirling the set of satin-covered handcuffs in his long, toffee-colored fingers. The very handcuffs she wore to her wedding.


8) What is your favourite attribute of the hero and heroine?

My heroine’s loyalty to her friend, definitely is an attribute I admire.
For my hero, his eight pack? : ) Rajeev is a bad boy – he doesn’t take being deceived jovially and does not cut corners with his own payback. But the attribute I favor most about him, is when the time came, he did the right thing and went after Haley.

9) What’s next?

I have numerous projects I’m working on right now, from demons to femdoms and nannies and princesses. My lovely CPs will steer me right before I start submitting.

10) Tell me where you write?

Always on my bed with my laptop on my knees.

11) Where would you like your career to be in 5 years?

I hope to have made a name for myself with lots of published works and just to continue doing what I love which is write write write.

12) Where can we find you?

I have a website: www.aprilvine.co.za
A blog
I’m on Facebook
And also twitter.


Thanks for having me, Rachel. I had a great time being interviewed.

You are so welcome, April - I was wondering, you say you always write with your laptop in bed - does that mean your an early bird writer or a night owl?? Comments??

4 comments:

  1. *lol*@April ... I forgive ya! It's not like romance books don't have plenty of smoking hot women on the covers too! Great interview April!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brindle, I never thought of it that way ever re the smoking hot women on covers will and do appeal to men, (too busy ogling the man candy on the covers) but there you go! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, thanks again for hosting me.

    I'm a qualified night owl but my bed is a bed for all occasions - morning, afternoon and night, it's the only place I ever write :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi April! Congrats on the release of Intrigue in India. You know how much I love your books!

    ReplyDelete