Tuesday 10 May 2011

Welcome Noble Romance author, Mary Abshire!



Hi Mary!

It's great to welcome another Noble Romance author, I fully intend to submit something to Noble soon as they seem to be growing and growing with happy authors. I don't think there is any higher recommendation than that, do you?

Looking forward to learning more about you!

1) Did you set any goals for 2011?
Yes, I did. My goals for 2011 were to finish 4 novels and read a book per week. Sadly, I'm behind, especially on reading.

2) What is the best part of the writing process for you?
The best part of the process is sitting down and letting the imagination flow. I love it when I can spend an entire day just writing, which only happens on the weekends.

3) The worst part?
The worst part of the process is editing. It's very time consuming, and I'd rather be writing. Sometimes, a scene edit can take several nights. Very frustrating. But, edits must be done. I would never send off a sloppy manuscript.

4) What is the book you wish you’d written?
Difficult question to answer. There are so many out there I love that are so creative. I'm a sucker for vampire novels, so I guess I'd select Keri Arthur's series. I love the main character, Riley Jenson, half werewolf, half vampire. I love the world Keri has created for Riley.

5) Favorite author/s & book/s?
Keri Arthur's Riley Jenson series
Kelley Armstrong's Otherworld series
Jeanine Frost - Night Huntress series
Kim Harrison - the Hallows series
Kerrelyn Sparks


6) Tell us about your latest release?
My latest release is Fighting Evil, the third Soul Catcher novel. The book picks up where Catching an Evil Tail left off. Jessie has to prepare for her meeting with the VETOV and her relationship with Drake is crumbling. She has many struggles in this book. And it comes with a surprise ending.

7) Tease us with a blurb/short except

BLURB:
Half-demon Jessie Garrett's battles seem endless. While Jeremy, the demon out to win her heart, teaches her how to fight, Jessie's relationship with her vampire lover, Drake, reaches a breaking point. Adding to her struggles, she must defend her life against a group of vampires who consider her a threat to their existence. Held captive on a remote island with both Drake and Jeremy protecting her, she is tested in ways she's never imagined. Jessie fights back; only her actions do more harm than good. The group offers her a choice, but no matter what she decides, her life will change forever.

8) What is your favorite attribute of the hero and heroine?
In my Soul Catcher series, my favorite attributes for my vampire Drake are his gentleness and his compassion. He's the noble gentleman every woman wants, well, I do anyway. (smile)
As for Jessie, my half-demon protagonist, I like her spunky attitude.
I'll add Jeremy, my demon troublemaker, as a hero because he is at times. He's direct and knows what he wants. But he's sneaky. He makes me laugh.

9) What’s next?
I'm working on edits for the 4th Soul Catcher novel, and then I'll submit it to my publisher. I have a UF novel I'm waiting to hear yay or nay. I'm hopeful in the next month I'll get to start writing again. I'll either start on a sequel to my UF novel, or start a new series. I have several ideas.

10) Tell me where you write?
I write in a spare bedroom decorated in Steelers and Penguins memorabilia. (That's Pittsburgh's football and hockey team) I have a plain desk, crowded with water bottles, pens, a calendar, a notebook, and other papers. I have a tub full of books and shelves filled with books that I have yet to read. Behind me sits a comfy chair where I read, when my cat's not hogging it. The room is a place to work and relax, and conveniently located near the washer and dryer so I can do my laundry while I'm writing.

11) Where would you like your career to be in 5 years?
I'd like to add a few more books in my Soul Catcher series and have a few other PR/UF series on the market. I'd love to write full time, but building a solid writing career takes time. I'm not so sure five years is enough. We'll see.

12) Where can we find you?
http://www.maryabshire.com
http://www.facebook.com/mary.abshire
http://www.goodreads.com/maryabshire
http://twitter.com/maryabshire

Glad to hear you have the same problem with creaking shelves full of unread books, Mary! I have over 200 books still waiting to be read and worse of all...I still find myself buying more, eek!! Thanks also for introducing me to another author to try, I have never heard of Keri Arthur but will certainly be looking her up.

Okay, let's open up for comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment