Wednesday 10 August 2011

As I'm away....


Hi guys (waving madly!!),

I am away on my holidays at the moment but couldn't help checking in to at least post something to keep you up to date with my musings. I thought I could tell you how my latest work in progress is shaping up. It's another novella but I think it might end up being my longest yet as 20,000 plus words. Tentatively called "Greek Gratification", this one was inspired by my holiday to Zante a few years ago and the contest I held for readers here.

Given a hero occupation and heroine occupation, you guys chose the hero to be a pro-bono lawyer and the heroine to be a chef - not an easy combination to work with! ; ) But I've managed it, I hope and am not 12,000 words in with the two hero & heroine pics helpfully stuck in my brain!
Here's the blurb, enjoy!

Michelle Hutton leaves everything behind and flies from the UK to Greece in search of a new beginning. Her first encounter is with a sexy, pro-bono lawyer with a body that could adorn the cover of Playgirl. When they talk, he tells her his sister has a restaurant that desperately needs a new chef. Sam Clarke seems too good to be true. And Michelle doesn’t trust men – or anyone else after being let down time and again by the people she loves. Including the parents she left behind. But damn, he’s hard to resist…


Sam Clarke is a busy man – a man on a mission to help women in jeopardy. Women running for their lives or trying to start new ones. So when a woman with hair like a sheet of gold and eyes bluer than ocean walks into the bar, asking for help, what is he’s supposed to do? The electricity between them is hotter than a live wire and Sam knows this woman could distract him from his work. He needs to stay away…yet time and again he goes back for more.

See you next week!

Rachel x


No comments:

Post a Comment