Sunday 18 September 2011

My critique partner and me!


Hope you're having a great weekend!

I am 15,000 words into my latest work in progress which i estimate will be my longest yet at 40,000 words. Up until now, i have only written short stories around the 12,000 word mark as I found my feet and confidence in writing erotica romance. After the feedback and reviews my stories have received, I am starting to find my strengths and weaknesses and want to try a longer length story.

Of course, the new added extra I have while working on this book, is the most amazing critique partner I could have ever hoped for. She is thorough and honest and I can already feel myself becoming a better writer because of her feedback. What more could I ask for?

I hope to have the new story done by the end of October and submit it to my editor. In the meantime, here's the blurb:

Blurb:

Michelle Hutton leaves everything behind and flies from the UK to Greece in search of a new beginning. Her first encounter is with a sexy, pro-bono lawyer with a body that could adorn the cover of Playgirl. When they talk, he tells her his sister has a restaurant that desperately needs a new chef. Sam Clarke seems too good to be true. And Michelle doesn’t trust anyone else after being let down time and again by the people she loves. Including the mother she left behind. But damn, he’s hard to resist…

Sam Clarke is a busy man – a man on a mission to help women in jeopardy. So when a woman with hair like a sheet of gold and eyes bluer than the ocean walks into an airport bar needing help, what is he’s supposed to do? The electricity between them is hotter than a live wire and Sam soon learns Michelle is more than capable of demanding and getting what she wants. She doesn’t need him, he should walk away…yet time and again he goes back for more.

What do you think?

R x

No comments:

Post a Comment