Tuesday 20 September 2011

Welcome fellow Wild Rose Press writer, Rynne Raines!


I am very lucky that the day is still showing as Tuesday when in fact, as I type this it is Wednesday morning in the UK. If it wasn't for Rynne contacting me yesterday I would've completely forgotten to put up her interview. When did life get so mad??

Anyway, all's well...over to you patient lady! ;)


1 1) Who is your favourite author and why?

Oh man, so many great writers and so little time. For Historical Romance, I'd have to say Nicole Jordon. Paranormal, Marie Treanor has recently caught my attention. And for BDSM themed, Brynn Paulin is up there on my list. Those are the first three that come to mind at the moment. Oh, and if you're looking outside the romance genre for super creepy suspense, Tess Gerritsen takes the cake. I LOVE her Rizzoli and Isles series.

2) When did you first consider yourself a writer?

I've been trying my hand at writing since I was about thirteen but I think I really decided I was a writer when I signed my first contract five years ago. Does that sound too cliché? LOL

3) Describe your writing space?

My writing space is clean and organized. It helps compensate for all the clutter in my head. My office is a 10 x 8 room dominated by a cherry wood desk that showcases a few pictures of family next to my laptop. Oh, and I have a baby gate across the doorway to keep my dog from gnawing on my desk and laptop.

4) What are you reading now?

Your interview questions...ah, okay, you want books. What book am I reading now. Well, I have a hard time writing and reading at the same time so I'm not reading anything at the moment. I do have a few books awaiting my attention. Right now I have Blood Sin by Marie Treanor lying in wait. That will be the next book I read once I'm finished the first draft of my work in progress and ready to let it stew.

5) How many books have your written?

I've written five eBooks so far.

Which is your favourite? That has to be my new BDSM themed release, Legally Bound. Given it's my longest story so far, I spent a lot of time with the characters and love them dearly. They just felt right for me, in every way. The entire Eden Series is close to my heart.

6) What comes first, plot or characters?

I tend to go with a loose plot at first before developing my characters. Once the characters are introduced to the world I've created they usually take over and dictate the brunt of the story.

7) Do you ever suffer from writer’s block?

HA! Sometimes I wonder if there's ever a time when I'm not suffering from writer's block...lol.

8) What do you like to do when you’re not writing?

To tell you the truth, I love to watch the cooking network. OMG, does that sound totally lame? Ah well, even if it does, it's true. I also like to eat. Didn't see that coming, did you? With that being said, between eating and watching the cooking network which only makes me eat more, I go to the pool with my better half three times a week and do a little kickboxing/aerobics from time to time. I also love to camp and travel and spend time with friends.

9) Tell us about your latest book?

Legally Bound is the third story in my BDSM Eden series and the one that is closest to my heart. Here's the blurb:

Evelyn Morgan has a secret. Donavan Carver wants to expose it. Bondage, debauchery, and a weekend at Eden lands one of them on their knees….

For years, Eve has craved sexual domination, but a kinky romp in the hay isn't worth destroying her prestigious legal reputation over. Even if that romp’s with her handsome rival and legendary Dominant, Donavan Carver. Desperate to protect her secret and keep the notorious playboy at bay, Eve clings to the lie she’s told for two years—she’s a Domme. Donavan doesn’t buy it. Given an opportunity to put Donavan’s doubts to rest, Eve lures him into a bet he can’t win—one that will tether him to her leash. So what if she cheats to win? He’ll never find out. Or will he?

10) What’s next for you?

I'm currently working on a new BDSM Romance that should be done within the next month then it'll be time to find it a good home. I've got a few more ideas on the burner that are churning in my mind and here in Canada the winter's are long, so I hope to kick out some good writing over the next 8 months.

Fabulous interview, Rynne! Really jealous over your clean and tidy workspace, mine is a mess! My husband is desperate for us to visit Canada. Whereabouts are you?

Comments?

4 comments:

  1. I know I'm seriously late. That's what hockey, husband, and draft beer will do to a girl...lol.

    Hiya Rachel!*big wave* I'm located in central Alberta about a 3 1/2 hour drive from the mountains. We try to get up there quite often. I love the mountains. You should definitely visit Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the interview, Rynne. Adore all of your stories. Can't wait to read this one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview Rachel and Rynne! Rynne, you know how much I love Club Eden. Sigh....

    BTW, I honeymooned in Calgary/Cannmore. Walked the glacier in Jasper and had a blast in Banff. Huge, huge hockey fan so seeing the Saddledoom was thrilling for us. We honestly can't wait to go back. We never got to fish the Bow River. Ran out of time.

    Congratulations on Legally Bound.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for popping by guys!

    Harlie! Another hockey fan. That's awesome. I was at the preseason game in Edmonton last night. We lost but it was still great.

    I absolutely love Jasper, it's one of my favorite places to vacation. Beautiful. I've never fished in Bow River but there are some seriously great lakes to fish in up here. Just got back from Moose Lake a week ago where I caught the biggest walleye I've ever had on the line. Of course, I put him back...lol. My Stepfather was none to pleased about it but he'll get over it. :)

    ReplyDelete