Thursday 17 May 2012

Welcome prolific erotic romance writer, Eliza March (AKA Elizabeth Marchat)!



 Good morning, everyone! After visiting with Eliza at her blog yesterday, I am happy to repay the favor and have her visit with me today :) Eliza writes for Siren Publishing as both herself and Elizabeth Marchat. I can't wait to find out more about her and her writing...

1)  Describe your writing space.

I’ve been moving around lately. When I first started writing, I wrote everything at the kitchen table. It’s a beautiful location in an alcove of windows looking out onto our untamed backyard. Then I moved to the loft I have over the bedroom...also a lovely view. But guess what? When I’m writing, I’m not looking up to see the scenery. Now I move from chair to chair, table to table, desk to desk just to change positions. (By the way, I’m back at that first spot, the kitchen table, right now.)

2)  How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

I’ve written more than I’ve published or will publish and have five in various stages of development. But to answer your question nine. My published full length novels number two: “Across A Crowded Room” (written as Elizabeth Marchat) a romantic suspense, and as Eliza March I have a full length erotic paranormal romance called “The Moon, The Madness, and The Magic” - both with Siren Publishing.

I also have a number of novellas published: two contemporary with The Wild Rose Press: Hot Highland Fling and More Than A Stud. My complete book list including paperback and EBooks is available at My Author Page at Amazon

My favorite is always the one I’m working on now.

3)  What comes first, plot or characters?

I’m a pantser - but I’m trying to kick that bad habit. LOL
Honestly, a germ of an idea strikes first, and then I figure out whom to torture next. So I guess my characters come second. I struggle with world building in my paranormals. I love writing them best, but they are the most difficult to organize. Truly, full length books require layers. A well-known author once shared that with me early on, and I didn’t understand him. I do now, so I don’t worry over not having all the details in the first draft. I mull over them and add them in later. I actually love that part of writing.

4)  Do you ever suffer from writer’s block?

No, not writers’ block. If anything, I have trouble sticking to a single book. The ideas are overwhelming, and sometimes I have to make a note and promise to come back to it later.


5)  Tell us about one of your books.

Several years ago, my husband and I took a trip to Santorini and the island has left a lasting impression on us. When I thought about places I wanted to write about, the enchanting island was it. So the book I want to share with your readers is SULTRY SANTORINI SUNSETS It’s a Ménage Amour: Erotic Ménage a Quarter Fantasy Romance, M/F/M/M with M/M interaction and sex toys. Okay that’s all the warning you get. Here’s the blurb:

Three thousand years ago, six warriors of Atlantis pledged themselves to Sienna, the Goddess of Sensuality, exchanging emotions for heightened senses and immortality in order to protect what remained of their lost world. Three went in search of their lost emotions and became unredeemable. The others maintained their honor with help from their leader, and they all became the Gods of Atlantis.

As an international banker and head of her family’s company, Miranda fulfilled her responsibilities while denying herself pleasure for years, until now. She's finally escaped. On Santorini, she takes three men as lovers who help her make-up for lost time. When emotions start infiltrating the men's souls in her presence, they discover she's the one woman capable of returning their emotions. Now they must convince her to share their love and lives for all eternity. Will she believe their fantastic tale and trust in their love enough to make the final commitment? Will she accept immortality, their bond, and their love?

6)  What’s next for you?

I finished the first book called “Embrace The Heat” - part of a paranormal series that I’m writing about wolves and vampires (and maybe a few other fictional beings, as well). The second book in this series is called “Defeat The Darkness” and it is almost completed, too. But then, I had a revelation. I decided to write the prequel to the series. Believe or not, I’m almost finished with that. It’s called “Conquer The Highland Beast.”

There are still name changes to make and oodles of editing to go, but the essence of each story is complete. They are not typical of standard romances or even erotic romances. They are dark and heavy in places, light and uplifting in others. I like stories with ensembles casts of characters and this series will accomplish just that. When I have finished the first two books, I may self-publish them, staggering the release dates a month apart, and follow with the third within three to six months.

You can read excerpts of all my books on MY BLOG and I will keep adding excerpts and updates to my WIP at my Author Page on Face Book. If you stop by Face Book, please like my page so I know were there.


Thank you, Rachel for inviting me to spend today with you. It has been a true pleasure.

Here is a list of places where you can find me:
Website Eliza March
TWITTER Eliza March

Thanks for being here, Eliza - hope your visit brings lots of comments and of course, a few sales as well! Have a great day :)

Comments?

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed having you at my blog yesterday, and always enjoy visiting yours. Thank you again for inviting me. ~~Eliza

    ReplyDelete