Tuesday 4 December 2012

Welcome back Loose ID author, Nona Raines...



 Hi, Nona, welcome back! So happy to feature you on my blog today to promote your new release, "His, Hers & Hers". HOT cover!! Looking forward to hearing what you've been up to since we last spoke. Loads of luck with sales and success... :)

First of all, Hi Rachel, and thanks for sharing your blog with me today!

1)  Who is your favourite author and why?

There are so many authors I enjoy that I don't believe I could pick just one. Mary Balogh comes to mind, though, as someone who really evokes emotion in a story. That's something I'm drawn to as a reader and try to emulate as an author.

2)  When did you first consider yourself a writer?

I've considered myself a writer "in my head" ever since I was young and discovered I had a talent for writing stories. I think I considered myself an "official writer" when my first book got published. There's nothing like having someone else believe in your work—someone who's not your friend or your momJ.

3)  Describe your writing space?

My writing space is on the sofa with my dog Iris curled up next to me or on my bed with my cats walking all over me.

4)  What are you reading now?

I'm one of those people that usually has three or four books going at a time. Right now I'm reading Lethal Limits by Mia Downing, Unlaced by Lynne Connolly and Ashes and Wine by Taryn Elliott.

5)  How many books have your written?  Which is your favourite?

If you're talking about published books, I've written five and one short story. I've written several books that will never see the light of day because they're such messes. But they say the first million words are just practice. J As for which one's my favorite, that's like asking "Who's your favorite child?" Each one means something special to me. My latest release His and Hers and Hers is special because it's my first ménage romance, and it's an FFM ménage.

6)  What comes first, plot or characters?

It depends. Some of my stories stem from a situation that makes me wonder "What if…" I suppose that's the plot coming first. Other times, I'm captured by a character. His and Hers and Hers came about when I was thinking about what might happen when a third person is invited into an established couple's relationship. Will the relationship survive? If the third person is a friend, will the friendship be destroyed? What happens when messy emotions like love, fear and jealousy come into play?

7)  Do you ever suffer from writer’s block?

I haven't so far, knock on wood (*knocking on my head*). But whenever I finish something I get a bit nervous, hoping I'll be able to pull off another book.


8)  What do you like to do when you’re not writing?

I'm pretty boring. I like to read, watch movies and hang out with my pets. I used to roller skate, but all the roller rinks near me have closed up L.

9)  Tell us about your latest book?

As I mentioned earlier, His and Hers and Hers is an FFM ménage romance. Here's a blurb:

Kyla Denster and Jordan Brougham are passionately in love. Kyla knows she's lucky to have a guy who uses all his tricks to keep her happy in and out of bed. Jordan knows he's lucky to have such a hot, adventurous girlfriend.

But neither of them knows that their best friend, Cassie DeSantis, wants them both. Cassie's painful past has taught her not to wear her heart on her sleeve.  She keeps quiet, afraid that revealing her feelings would mean losing the two people she cares for most.  Things change one night when an impulsive kiss leads to the three of them spending an incredibly hot night together.

When the couple wants more of Cassie, she leaps at the chance to be with them. But problems arise at her insistence that no one mention the L word and when Jordan and Kyla clash over how to deal with disapproving family.  Their triad relationship will only survive if they all stand together to prove that three is the perfect number—when all three are in love.

Let me also share an excerpt with you:

     She heard Jordan’s low rumble and Ky’s giggle. Then Kyla’s voice came from the doorway. “Cassie.”
     Cassie’s mouth went dry. Kyla stood there wearing nothing but a tiny black thong and an impish grin. Her hard brown nipples pointed straight at Cassie and her generous breasts begged to be caressed and kissed. Cassie’s own nipples tightened in response.
     Kyla’s eyes flashed as though she knew exactly how turned on Cassie was. Her smile hitched a little higher. “Dessert is now being served. In the bedroom.”
     Cassie pushed back her chair and rose, her body tingling with anticipation. Kyla beckoned her with a crooked finger and Cassie followed her down the hall. When they reached the bedroom, Kyla stopped.
     “One thing. Entrance here requires special dress. Or undress, I should say.” She smiled. “Let me help.”
     Ky assisted as Cassie stepped out of her shoes, socks, and pants and peeled off her top. When she stood only in her bra and panties, Ky stepped in close. “I’ll undo your bra.” Her warm breath tickled Cassie’s neck, her bare breasts, and hard brown nipples teased Cassie’s skin as she wrapped her arms around Cass and unfastened her bra.
     “You can keep those on…” Ky traced her finger down the seam of Cassie’s pink bikini panties. “For now.”
     Cream drenched her pussy at the wicked promise in Kyla’s tease. Ky took her hand and drew her through the doorway. “Come on.”
     Jordan sat on the bed, in a pair of black briefs, already distended by his rising cock. Dark hair dusted his chest, and Cassie’s fingers itched to feel its texture, and the warm skin underneath. More than that, she wanted to caress the bulge that grew bigger the more she stared. His green eyes were bright, his expression dreamy. His smile, the smile she loved, still hitched up a little higher in one corner. “Hey, Cass. Ready for dessert?”


10) What’s next for you?

Well, I've finished an m/f novella that I'm shopping around. We'll see what comes of that. I'm also working on a few other things that I'm not quite ready to talk about (we writers like to remain mysterious, y'know)J

Thanks again for having me here today, Rachel!

His and Hers and Hers is available at:



Nona Raines
Hot Contemporary Romance
Edgy ~ Emotional ~ Erotic
www.nonaraines.com

 Nona would love to chat! Any comments or questions??

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for hosting me today, Rachel! It was great fun!

    ReplyDelete