Tuesday 18 December 2012

Welcome fellow Wild Rose Press author, Luna Zega...



 Hi, Luna - welcome back to my blog! How are you? Pull up a chair, grab a coffee and we'll start chatting. Looking forward to hearing what you've been up to and what you have planned for 2013. Merry Christmas!

1)  Who is your favourite author and why?

I absolutely love everything written by Elizabeth George. She writes British mysteries. I get lost in her stories. They are so complex and multilayered. I mainly read her for her character Barbara Havers, a troubled detective who is partnered with an Earl. Awkward.  The way they’re relationship has developed over the series is pure genius.

 2)  When did you first consider yourself a writer?

I wrote stories in spiral bound notebooks when I was a kid and I’ve always been a voracious reader. I didn’t think I could make a living as a writer, so I became an English teacher. Yeah, I know, making a living as a teacher is no picnic either. Because of my English background, I eventually became a technical writer. I started my fiction career a few years ago when I quit my boring, mind numbing job in Alaska and moved to the Ozarks.

3)  Describe your writing space?

I write in my living room. I sit in a blue, leather recliner with my laptop. The west and south walls are mostly windows. At this very moment, there are five deer standing in the orchard in my front yard. I can watch weather fronts as they approach through the valley. It’s truly an inspirational writing space. Only problem, is that it is right next to the greenhouse, so during the spring and summer, my front yard because Grand Central.

 4)  What are you reading now?

The Ethical Slut: A Practical Guide to Polyamory, Open Relationships and Other Adventures by Dossie Easton and Janet W. Hardy. I find the concept of polyamory quite intriguing. I’m not sure that humans are set up to be monogamous. Sure swans are, but humans? I find the openness of polyamory admirable, but I’m not sure I’m mature enough to handle it. I’ve found this book very helpful in getting my mind around the concept.

5)  How many books have your written?  Which is your favourite?

I’ve written 4 contemporary romances and 2 erotica novellas. I’m working on a third at the moment. I have two favorites: Santorini Sunset and Southern Seduction. I describe Santorini Sunset as Bridget Jones meets the Wedding Date. My personality and sense of humor are very evident in this story. I like Southern Seduction because the guy in the story is based on my elementary, junior and high school crush. Shoot, I ran into him at a class reunion and I swear if he’d smiled at me, I would’ve run away with him. I still don’t think he knows my name. Southern Seduction is what would happen if the guy ever recognized me. LOL.

 6)  What comes first, plot or characters?

Cat names. Seriously. I start with the names of the cats and develop the characters based on that. In Redneck Ex, the main character has two mutt cats named Sipowicz and Goren. She’s a much different person than the main character in Santorini Sunset who has two purebred Maine Coon cats named Sherlock and Mycroft. 

7)  Do you ever suffer from writer’s block?

Nope. Thank goodness. The only writer’s block I suffer is folks and events blocking me from writing.

8)  What do you like to do when you’re not writing?

I live on a farm in the Arkansas Ozark Mountains. We raise heritage breed (essentially endangered farm animals) chickens, rabbits and ducks. We’re building up our operation to include goats, sheep, pigs and geese. We also raise crops for the local farmers’ markets. In addition to the farm, I enjoy cooking, reading, quilting and photography.

9)  Tell us about your latest book?

Tokyo Tease is my latest erotica story. Natalie James lives in Tokyo and has a huge crush on her co-worker Kentaro. Natalie is somewhat clueless and doesn’t get that the interchanges at work are flirtatious in manner. So, Kentaro decides to show her what he wants…on the train ride to work. The groping on the train leads to some hot and rowdy sex at the office. 

10) What’s next for you?

I’m working on an erotica that is based on online dating. A woman falls in love with a soldier in Afghanistan. She spends her lunch hour reading his e-mails and falls deeper every day. When he shows up at her office, sparks and clothes fly.
Southern Seduction

Blurb:

Ramona Squires fell in the love with Ross Spears the first day she saw him in the second grade. Twenty-two years later when his truck breaks down in front of her house, she discovers that her crush wasn't unrequited. Neither had the guts to reveal their true feelings when they were teenagers. After years of wild, erotic wet dreams, will reality live up to the fantasy? Or will it be better?

Buy Link:


Comments??

No comments:

Post a Comment