Thursday 12 December 2013

Welcome erotic romance writers V L Moon & J T Cheyanne...



Huge welcome to you both! Hope you enjoy your time here and wish you all the best with your ongoing tour. Here come the questions...

1)   What is the best and worse thing you have learned from an editor/agent?

J.T.:            My first published work was Ocean’s Kiss through Decadent Publishing. My editor was Rie Langdon. She was as awesome as chocolate sauce! I learned that the reader will pick up on the tiniest detail in your story such as the type of handgun regularly carried by a U.S. Navy SEAL. This led to the second lesson. Always do your research, even on the small stuff.

V.L.:            The list is endless. I consider myself very lucky in the fact that I have such an understanding and very patient editor considering my level of intelligence where punctuation is concerned. I’ve learned so much, and from so many special friends, I’m beyond grateful.

2)   What is your typical day?

J.T.:            I would love to say that I sit at home all day and write about smexy hawt men in love. The reality is I’m a single parent with a full time job. I work as an Account Manager for a cleaning company. I get up at five a.m. *growling* and I am NOT a morning person. My son and I get to work at six and we’re there until three. After work, I have homeschool work to be graded for my fifteen year old, who THANKFULLY, prepares dinner. I jump online as soon as I’m home to talk to my V.L. before the time difference takes her away from me for the night. After she’s in bed, I clean, write, walk the dogs, eat and then pass out about eleven.

V.L.:            OMG! Up at six in the morning, then it’s a manic hour of getting my younger son up for school and myself ready for work. My work day starts at eight in the morning and lasts until three-thirty. Then its home, clean up, put dinner on then a dash to the bus stop for my daily gym session. I try for between two to three hours then its back on the bus, home dinner, then if I’m compus mentus enough I’ll start to write or skype with JT for a few hours.

3)   What do you read while in the midst of a project? Or don’t you?

J.T.:            I read anything I can get my hands on. I cannot be idle without a book in my hand. Traffic lights, post office line, during commercials on TV, I’m reading and it doesn’t matter what it is. I tend to lean more toward paranormal at the moment, but the back of a shampoo bottle will do if I get stuck on the toilet.  *laughing at V.L.’s face* Yeah TMI, I know. Sorry.

V.L.:            As a rule, I don’t like to read while I’m working on a story. But, sometimes when there’s a book waiting to be read that you KNOW is going to be brilliant, my mind refuses to work until I’ve given in and read to the last page. *Laughs* It’s a bloody nightmare if it’s part of a series!

4)    What do you do with a paperback once you’ve read it?
J.T.            I keep it. I’m a book hoarder. I’ve had books since I was in the fourth grade. I started a log in middle school of all the books I had with author, title and publisher. It was separated into genres. I don’t have as many now, but I still keep them.
V.L.:            If it’s one I like then I keep it!
5)    Are you nervous about friends reading your book?
J.T.:            Yes! V.L. and I both want them to like our stories. But, I also like for them to read the stories first, a beta read, and let us know what problems or questions they find. That way we can fix it before it’s published. We have an amazing Facebook family who keeps us going and provides amazing feedback. We’re very lucky.
V.L.:            Some yes. But I can honestly say that all bar the odd one or two that aren’t into the genres I like to write, most are very supportive and have even helped promote.
6)    What things inspire you to write? Location, music, film or even in a book?
V.L.:            Music inspires me a lot of the time depending on my mood. If I find that I have hit a wall then JT is always at hand to offer advice or brainstorm with me until I can see a little more clearly.
J.T.:            Music, something I see in my day to day. My V.L. She’s my muse.
7)    What’s next for you?
 V.L.:            Next….Gawds…Crimson Nights Saga part two is priority for both of us at the moment. JT and I are also working on another short joint story together as well as a couple of solo story’s I’m working on when I have the time.

J.T.:            Yup, book two is taking shape and we are both so excited about the continuation of the story. Laz and Lachi are very much a part of our lives. We are also working on Broken Oaths which has both of us giddy with excitement. It’s going to be a challenge.  I also have several solo projects going but Book Two is priority as V.L. said.

Media Kit for Love Life & Circumstance

By J.T. Cheyanne & V.L. Moon

December 9 – 23

Book Promotions by Literary Nook



Born the son of a preacher man, Elijah Deacon always conformed to his father’s strict religious teachings. He worked hard, devoting his time and energy to the family owned construction firm, leaving little time to focus on the deplorable state of his private life. Small town America was no place to be when all a man craved was the touch of another man. Elijah hid his sexuality and tried in vain to convince himself he could be happy with a woman. Urged on by the dream of having the family he craved, Elijah couldn’t know a drunken one night stand would see him pay the ultimate price.

Leaving the bright lights of Atlanta and placing his own life on hold, paralegal, Seth Jacobs, moved to Alabama hopeful that with a baby on the way, his twin sister Bethany would settle down. His older sister by five minutes, she gave him the confidence he needed while growing to come out and be proud of who he was. It was his turn to return the support. On arrival in Headland, Seth endeavored to make her see the dangers her behavior presented to her and her unborn child. But, to no avail.

When destiny deals a cruel blow, and the life of a newborn baby hangs by a thread, Seth and Elijah are flung together to deal with the tragic circumstances. The grief threatens to consume them, while joy and fear work to unite them. Jealousy, love, lies and bitter truths rise to the surface and threaten to tear them apart. Can the powers of love and life bring them together and heal the loneliness that death leaves behind? Or will circumstance prevail and fuel the embers of love that draw them together?

Buy Links –

Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Love-Life-Circumstance-ebook/dp/B00E7YUI70/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376313827&sr=8-1&keywords=Love+Life+%26+Circumstance

Are - https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-lovelifecircumstance-1252246-356.html

Barnes & Noble - http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/love-life-circumstance-jt-cheyanne/1116243546? ean=2940148659587


Excerpt –

Sprawled in the dainty rocking chair, Elijah Deacon overwhelmed the room. Booted feet crossed at the ankle. Blue jean clad legs stretched for miles and hugged lean hips. The light blue cotton tee shirt molded to Elijah's thick chest and broad shoulders. Perched like a tiny angel, Hope lay curled in a miniature ball on that massive chest. One large hand cradled her diapered bottom. 

They both slept, if the matching snores were any indication. Seth eased closer, drawn to them. He desperately wanted to crawl into Elijah's lap and have the man's other arm wrapped around him.  As if drawn by his thoughts, his gaze flicked to where Elijah's hand lay in his lap clutching something white.  Another step and he swallowed hard. Elijah held the picture of the three of them, his thumb resting just below the likeness of Seth. 

Elijah shifted and Seth's gaze snapped upward. The hand on Hope's bottom tightened as if reassuring himself she still lay there. Behind closed lids, Elijah's eyes moved. Those lush lips parted. 

"Seth." His name tumbled from Elijah's mouth, freezing him where he stood. When several seconds passed, and the large man settled back into sleep, Seth dared moved closer. The urge to touch overcame him. He reached out a trembling finger and traced it down the curve of Hope's back. She snuffled and burrowed closer into her father's chest. Seth smiled. She was so precious. 

His hand and eyes lifted. Elijah's beautiful, darkly tanned face was relaxed as he slept. Seth's fingers itched to caress the high cheekbones. Moving of its own accord, his hand rose higher still. Very lightly, fingertips met warm flesh. Seth's heart raced. If Elijah woke up, he'd be in trouble. He should back away, go back out and knock, let Elijah know he was here. But, Seth couldn't move, except for the hand that continued to stroke Elijah's flushed skin. 

"Are you really here, or am I dreaming?" The deep baritone stalled Seth's timid exploration of Eli's face. 

"You're dreaming." He answered just as low. Elijah's lids blinked open. Piercing blue eyes locked onto Seth. 

"Where's your boyfriend?" The quiet question was loaded with accusation, but it was the uncertainty in Elijah's eyes that got the answer.

"Sitting in a rocking chair, holding my niece."  Wariness and doubt flooded Elijah's gaze. Seth brought his fingers down to stop the words forming on Elijah's lips. "We need to talk, but not here.  Can I hold her?" At the other man's nod, Seth scooped his niece into his hands trying very hard to ignore the hard slabs of muscle she lay upon. With her cradled to his chest, Seth crooned to her while moving to lean against the wall. A long arm shot out to grasp his hip. He didn't resist as he was guided back to Elijah's lap. 

"If you sit here, we can both see her," Eli said gruffly.  Seth wasn't about to complain, and settled into Elijah's lap. The rocking chair protested the added weight with a pained groan.  They sat stiffly for several minutes, neither speaking, eyes locked on the pink bundle.

Author Bio’s –

JT
After a lifetime of reading and at the suggestion of friends, J.T. finally put fingers to keys and started writing her own stories. It’s been a wildly amazing ride full of tears, exhilaration and plain old hard work. Thankfully, her three beautiful children support her craziness and encourage her to continue something she loves. While she does write solo stories, she thrives on the work she does with V.L. Moon, her writing partner and fiance. What a small world it is indeed Mr. Disney when a small town girl from Alabama can find and write with a big city girl from England. What a ride it has been and continues to be!

Email - jtcheyanne@hotmail.com

VL
V.L. is an avid book reader and a lover of long dark winter nights tucked up with a rather fruity glass of red and her partner in crime J. T. Cheyanne. She aspires to conquer the world with J.T. and their love of vampires, angels and wolves mixed in with some mighty fine Gods and a deluge of hot gay romance.

Email - j-gs69@live.com
Website –  www.lazandlachi.com

Giveaway - 5 eBook copies (1 each to 5 winners) of "Love Life & Circumstance"


Link to tour schedule - http://wp.me/p3SVfE-bW

Comments??

No comments:

Post a Comment